Old Stratford

The village of Old Stratford developed on both sides of the old Roman road of Watling Street, near to where it crosses over the River Ouse.

Watling Street marks the boundary between the parishes of Passenham to the south and Cosgrove to the north, so that Old Stratford homes belonged to one of these two parishes in the past. In 1951 a proper civil parish of Old Stratford was created, which consolidated “orphaned pieces of land from Deanshanger, Cosgrove and Furtho, but lost land belonging to the Arnold estate, which went to Potterspury instead. Old Stratford historical records are therefore often inextricably linked with those of Cosgrove.

Website

Return to list of members