St James Church

St James Church

St James Church

The foundations for St James Church were laid on the 24th May, 1858 by the Marquis of Chandos. The Diocesan architect at the time was George Edmund Street who in later life designed the London Law Courts (The Old Bailey).

Vicars of Stantonbury with New Bradwell

St. James Church

Charles Purcell Cotter M.A

1857 – 1891

A. C. Wodehouse

1891 – 1901

O. James

1901 – 1908

Allan Newman Guest

1908 – 1946

H Thornton Trapp

1947 – 1951

H. Fallons

1951 – 1952

J Snell

1952 – 1962

R.G. Russell

1962 – 1974

L. Webber

1974 – 1997

J. Hayward

1997 – 1989

Robert Ward

1989 – 1996

Jo Stoker

1997 – 2004

Chris Collinge

2004 – 2011

Paul Smith

2011 –

 

Comments are closed