Twyford Local History Group
Twyford Local History Group has now developed its own website. They are aiming to add more information as they research their local history and this will be a useful resource for the area.
Twyford is a village and civil parish in the Aylesbury Vale district of Buckinghamshire. The name derives from Old English and means ‘double ford’. The Norman Church dates from the 12th century and the oldest property in the village, The Rectory or Vicarage, dates back to the 15th https://nygoodhealth.com century. The population suffered a decline following the Black Death and did not recover until the opening of brickworks in 1900 and the Great Central Railway in 1899, both of which provided employment.
Twyford Local History Group was founded in 2019 with a Heritage Lottery Fund Grant for the purpose of gathering the history of the village and its residents so that this information is available to the public at open day events and online.