Thornton Church Interior
West end of church showing stove and chimney, removed to make way for the Ingleton Monument MSI.
Photo taken in August 1945 by Mr. P. S. Spokes held by the National Monuments Records by kind permission of Mrs. Ann Spokes Symonds.
East end of church showing chimney. Painted inscription on the arch reads, "HOLY HOLY HOLY LORD GOD ALMIGHTY WHO WAS AND IS AND IS TO COME". Each side of the stained glass window are zinc plaques, the bottoms of which are obsured by a pair of oak chairs now in Gallery - presumably moved in the 1960's when the church was redecorated..
Photo c.1930's from the National Monuments Record (VCH).
The left hand plaque is the Creed, and right hand one is The Lords Prayer.
Photograph taken 1988 showing the altar and brass prayer book desk and lectern. The limestone font was designed by a Victorian architect John Tarring c. 1850.