The old roof lead has been rolled back to allow conservation of the 14th century carved fillet - which suffered severe frost damage. This is undertaken by inserting stainless steel wire anchors held into the old stonework with resin. The pattern is built up over the wire with lime mortar.

Workmen examining the conservation work undertaken on the old (perished) patterned stonework on the south side of the nave; the opposite side was lost during demolition of the north side c.1620.