The items on this page pre-date May 2013.
New features will be archived as posts – see News & Features on the right.
Note that some of these items are hosted on other websites.
- Local Heroes by Ian Chambers
- Looking for Private Nicholls by Ian Chambers
- A Great War Family Grave in England by David Craigen (from his talk at the October 2010 Branch meeting)
- On-Line Data for Free by Dr Eric Webb
- Milton Keynes Memorials Trail a pamphlet to download
VISITS TO THE WESTERN FRONT
- Postcards from the Front 1914-18 This is on Eric Webb’s website and will open in a new browser window
The following three photo galleries are now hosted on the Echoes of the Great War website:
- The German GHQ at Spa, Belgium, March to November 1918 Slides belonging to WFA MK member, the late Harry Canvin.
- The British Legion Battle Field Pilgrimage 1928 (photo gallery) This was the first BL Pilgrimage. The book was passed to me by WFA MK member, the late Harry Canvin.
- Photos of Ieper (Ypres), 1936-39, taken by George Watson This set of photos belongs to WFA MK member, the late Harry Canvin.
- A Day in the Salient with Bernard Comyn by Ian Chambers, August 2007
MEDICINE IN WW1
- Elsie Inglis 1864-1917 by Dr Eric Webb
- Military Medicine on the Western Front by Dr Eric Webb. This is on Eric’s website and will open in a new browser window
- The Discharge Badge
- 11/11/2008 – 90 Years On – We Remember – The Ceremony at the Cenotaph 2008 report by Jane Backhouse
WFA MK EVENTS
- Pioneers & Heroes Exhibition Middleton Hall, January 22nd & 23rd 2008
- Regional Seminar, October 18th 2008
- British Legion Cranfield Remembrance Competition winners
- Heritage Open Day event 9th September 2007
BOOKS & LITERATURE
- “To The Front And Back: four and a half years in the life of an infantryman” by Peter Kent, WFA-MK member
- In Flanders Fields, by John McCrae
- Poems by Robert Stodden written 5th December 1915