Woburn Heritage Centre Trust
The Heritage Centre at Leighton Street in Woburn is open at weekends only, from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Woburn Heritage Centre is located in Old St Mary’s Church in Woburn. It has an extensive display of local history and archives and is also a tourist information centre.
There are records of a chapel in Woburn in 1245, possibly on the site that is now the Heritage Centre. In the early 1500s Robert Hobbes, the last Abbott of Woburn, had the chapel re-built and the first incumbent is recorded as Samuel Walpoole in 1558. The tower was built in 1635; in 1830 the 6th Duke of Bedford had the tower rebuilt and joined to the main building.