A database on past residents of the village is available for researching family history.
Records so far included in the database are as follows.
|Marriages 1867 to 1930
|Burials 1926 to 2005
|Burial of cremated remains 1968 to 2011||
|School Register 1876 to 1936||
|Wills 1500 to 1924 – in progress|
|Marriages 1799 to 1813||
|Marriages 1813 to 1837||
|Burials 1894 to 1945||
|Additions in 2012:
To view the Census, Marriage, and Burial records page-by-page, click on the links in the table above. To search for a name in a census click on people database & search.
St Leonard’s church in Yardley Gobion was consecrated in December 1864. Earlier marriages and burials took place in St Nicholas, Potterspury. As indicated above, records for the earlier period from Potterspury are being added to the database.
The main method for searching the records is via a Master Index. The Master Index contains a summary of each entry in each source. The initial results of a search of the Master Index permit a second search that will search for alternative spellings of the name selected. For instance, in a search for Anne Pallett, the second search will also find A Pallit. From the results of these searches, the full details from the census return, church records, or school register can be displayed. To begin a search click on the family history drop down menu & choose PEOPLE DATABASE.
Separate pages are available which list all names mentioned in the master index. The main purpose of these pages is to make all names available to search engines such as Google (because search engines cannot access the database directly). To access these web pages click on List of Names.
If a record indicates that a person was born in Hanslope or Stoke Goldington, the detailed results page for the record provides a link to entries in the separate family history databases for these villages. To find out more about the data available for these village, and to search this data directly, click on the following links.
|This family history and research facility is being developed with the generous support of Milton Keynes Community Foundation|