This is the Pubs page, data will be added when available.
For those that might be interested Licenses were issued in 1753 for these three Pubs in Yardley Gobion:-
- Black Star
- Two Wrestlers
- Coffee Pot
The Pack Horse was a pub for the first half of the 20th century, unsure about how long in the 19th century. In the 1500s it was St Leonards chapel.
There were several beer houses, the Red house was one, kept by one of the Holloways, owned by Newport Pagnell Brewery until 1920 then bought by Mr Odell to become the butchers shop. Mrs Townsend’s Cottage situated between the Moorend Road and Grays Lane was reputed to have been a beer house at one time.