This picture shows the south aisle at the east end is the Soldiers Chapel
The slab on the wall records that Richard Miles built a gallery in the Church in 1724.The gallery referred to was at the rear of the nave, in a similar position to the new gallery. In size it was 28 feet long, 21 feet wide and 8 feet 6 inches from the ground. It was to be used by his family and some of his tenants.
There are cut-outs in the pillars of the first arch where the timbers would have sat.
Richard Miles is buried in this south aisle floor underneath the pews.
Looking at the south wall above the kitchen is a Watts family hatchment.
To the left is a plaque, which refers to village charities and also the Enclosure Act.