This is the burial vault of the Watts family. The last of the family, Edward Hanslope Watts, was tragically murdered on 21 July, 1912. For the Hanslope Park tragedy story click here.
On the wall is this plaque relating to repairs carried out to the roofs of both aisles and also the nave roof.
At the end of the inside tour of St. James on the wall by the door is this plaque. It records that the Rev. W. Singleton who was Minister of this parish for 44 years gave the large chandelier in the middle aisle in 1838. The chandelier can be seen in the nave view. (Tour point 11)
End of Church Tour