Image Display
Building set:  Greyhound Inn, Tathall End
click to increase frame size
Location of White Hart in 1818 Last image in set
  The top half of this image is part of a map of Tathall End in 1818 taken from a survey of the properties owned by Edward Watts.  The lower half shows that plot 294 was a public house occupied by Rachael Hutchings.

The records of pub licensees show Rachael Hutchings succeeding her husband as licensee of the White Hart in 1800 and continuing until 1819.  So it appears the pub on this site was called the White Hart, probably from at least 1776 to l819.

  Source: 1818 Survey of Watts Estate year: 1818  

This image is included in the following additional sets: