Image Display
Building set:  Store, formerly used by Post Office
click to increase frame size
First image in set Aerial view of 7-9 High Street 1930s/1940s Last image in set
  Aerial view taken 1930s or 1940s.

This building is against the left margin in this photograph, above the centre, set back from High Street between numbers 9 and 11. It was not inhabited.

The building was known as The Old Post Office in the early part of the 20th century.

By then the ground floor of this building was used as a builders store by Mr Dickins. Top story was used as a practice room for the village silver band.

  Source: HDHS archive approximate year: 1940  

This image is included in the following additional sets: