Image Display
Building set:  9 High Street
click to increase frame size
Aerial view of 7-9 High Street 1930s/1940s Last image in set
  Aerial view taken 1930s or 1940s.

This shows the building before it was modified to become one dwelling, and the garage added, as above (see roof line linking to next building to the left).

The building behind the houses was called the Old Post Office. In the early part of the 20th century the ground floor was used as a builders store by Mr Dickins. Top story was used as a practice room for the village silver band.

  Source: HDHS archive approximate year: 1940  

This image is included in the following additional sets: