Image Display
Building set:  Yew Tree Terrace
click to increase frame size
1818 Map of area occupied by Yew Tree Terrace Last image in set
  From a map of 1818. The building numbered 240 is believed to have become the middle cottage Yew Tree Terrace. In 1818 this house was owned by Thomas Hindes. It is believed that a few years earlier he had given the land for the Baptists Chapel which is shown as number 239 on this map. At that time the area behind these buildings was known as Dennis's Close, and was also owned by Thomas Hindes. The pond that still exists today is clearly visible in the centre of the map, and is recorded as a Moat in the survey particulars accompanying the map.   
  Source: HDHS archive year: 1818  

This image is included in the following additional sets: