New Bradwell had a total of six public houses at one time, plus two working mens’ clubs. One on Newport Road (now a dance school), the other in St James Street known as the Side Club. There was no shortage of places to imbibe!
The New Inn, situated on the Grand Junction Canal (Grand Union Canal) is the oldest public house in New Bradwell. Dating from 1804 it was originally called The Wharf Inn.
The County Arms, situated at Corner Pin dates from circa 1850s.
The Morning Star, Newport Road adjacent to the Recreation Ground. It was derelict for some time before being destroyed by fire circa 1963.
The Cuba Public House built 1860. Situated on the Corner of Church Street, 2 storeys, 4 windows to north and 4 to west. Chamfered corner with blind window over blocked door. Stuccoed brick with slate roof, 2 brick chimneys with yellow brick quoins and cap bands. Stucco moulded eaves cornice. Architraves to Sash windows with glazing bars. Segmental headed windows on first floor. Round headed windows with keys on ground floor. Second opening from left is a glazed door with sidelights and a radiating fanlight. Rectangular glazed doorway to Church Street. Lower extension to south.
The Railway Tavern built in 1864 was situated in Glyn Street.
Closed in 1960, it was demolished to make way for two semi-detached houses for district nurses.
The Foresters Arms, Newport Road.