DRUCE GENEALOGICAL REPORT
JAMES DRUCE George Claridge Drue’s line
PHOEBE DRUCE Syl‘s line through the Woodwards
EDWARD DRUCE Susan’s line
SOPHIA DRUCE The Pitta line
Descendants of William Druce
Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 DRUCE was born 1730. He married DINAH. She was born 1730.
Child of WILLIAM DRUCE and DINAH is:
2. i. WILLIAM2 DRUCE, b. Abt. 1761, Potterspury; d. 1843, Potterspury.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM2 DRUCE (WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1761 in Potterspury, and died 1843 in Potterspury. He married MARY. She was born Abt. 1762, and died 1832.
Children of WILLIAM DRUCE and MARY are:
3. i. SOPHIA DRUCE, b. 1786.
4. ii. JAMES DRUCE, b. 1787, Potterspury; d. November 1848, Woughton on the Green.
iii. WILLIAM DRUCE, b. 1790, Potterspury; m. ANN WARR; b. Abt. 1799, Great Woolstone; d. 1870, Potterspury Registration district.
iv. MARY DRUCE, b. 1792.
5. v. PHOEBE DRUCE, b. 1795.
vi. ELEANOR DRUCE, b. 1797.
vii. GEORGE DRUCE, b. 1799.
6. viii. EDWARD DRUCE, b. 1803.
ix. DAVID DRUCE, b. 1805.
Generation No. 3
3. SOPHIA3 DRUCE (WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1786. She married JAMES SANDERS.
Child of SOPHIA DRUCE and JAMES SANDERS is:
7. i. SOPHIA4 SANDERS, b. 1810.
4. JAMES3 DRUCE (WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1787 in Potterspury, and died November 1848 in Woughton on the Green. He married (1) UNKNOWN LIVED BILLINGTON BEDS 1819. He married (2) ELIZABETH WARR December 12, 1822 in Great Woolstone, daughter of RICHARD WARR. She was born 1801 in Great Woolstone, and died July 1857 in Woughton on the Green.
Notes for JAMES DRUCE It is possible that his first wife was Jane Greaves, to be confirmed.
Here it is.
Children of JAMES DRUCE and ELIZABETH WARR are:
i. WILLIAM WARR4 DRUCE, b. September 1823, Woughton on the Green; d. September 1823, Woughton on the Green.
Notes for WILLIAM WARR DRUCE:
Died aged 5 weeks.
Land tax form showing the farm James tenanted in Billington, Bedfordshire in1821, (£8 – -) The last entry for him is for 1829.
8. ii. FREDERICK ALEXANDER DRUCE, b. October 1824.
9. iii. JANE DRUCE, b. May 1826, Woughton on the Green; d. 1892, Oxford.
iv. CAROLINE WARR DRUCE, b. July 1828.
v. CHARLES JAMES DRUCE, b. November 1832.
vi. WILLIAM DRUCE, b. November 1833.
5. PHOEBE3 DRUCE (WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1795. She married THOMAS WOODWARD 1813 in Potterspury. He was born Abt. 1778 in Potterspury.
Child of PHOEBE DRUCE and THOMAS WOODWARD is:
i. WILLIAM4 WOODWARD, b. April 1816; m. ESTHER; b. 1818, Marylebone.
6. EDWARD3 DRUCE (WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1803. He married ANN MORRIS.
Children of EDWARD DRUCE and ANN MORRIS are:
i. CHARLES4 DRUCE.
10. ii. GEORGE DRUCE, b. Abt. 1830, Potterspury.
iii. WALTER DRUCE.
iv. ANN DRUCE.
v. JAMES DRUCE.
vi. WILLIAM DRUCE.
Generation No. 4
7. SOPHIA4 SANDERS (SOPHIA3 DRUCE, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1810. She married JOSHUA WEBSTERS October 8, 1830 in Potterspury. He was born 1812.
Child of SOPHIA SANDERS and JOSHUA WEBSTERS is:
11. i. LOUISA5 WEBSTERS, b. 1843.
8. FREDERICK ALEXANDER4 DRUCE (JAMES3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born October 1824. He married ELIZABETH HARRIS THOROGOOD March 1854 in St Giles in the fields. She was born 1833 in Salford, Bedfordshire.
Children of FREDERICK DRUCE and ELIZABETH THOROGOOD are:
i. ELIZABETH HARRIETT5 DRUCE, b. August 1861.
ii. ANNIE DRUCE, b. 1863.
9. JANE4 DRUCE (JAMES3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born May 1826 in Woughton on the Green, and died 1892 in Oxford.
Child of JANE DRUCE is:
i. GEORGE CLARIDGE5 DRUCE, b. 1850, Old Stratford Cosgrove parish; d. February 29, 1932, Oxford.
Notes for GEORGE CLARIDGE DRUCE:
George was born illegitamate but his mothers death certificate states that she was the widow of George Richard Claridge Druce. This may have been George’s attempt at acknowledging his father as George Richard Claridge who was a farm bailiff’s son living in the same area that Jane was living in 1851 census, Claridge at Passenham Jane at Cosgrove both of these places were where the two parishes met at Old Stratford, he was of a similar age to Jane. At this time he was unemployed and may have been considered unsuitable husband material by her aunt. George Richard Claridge died in 1863 aged 37.
10. GEORGE4 DRUCE (EDWARD3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1830 in Potterspury. He married FRANCES SHEPPARD 1859 in Potterspury. She was born Abt. 1831 in Paulerspury.
Children of GEORGE DRUCE and FRANCES SHEPPARD are:
i. THOMAS SHEPPARD5 DRUCE, b. Abt. 1860.
12. ii. EDWARD DRUCE, b. Abt. 1864; d. 1949, Towcester Registration District.
iii. SARAH ANN DRUCE, b. Abt. 1866.
iv. CHARLES DRUCE, b. Abt. 1868.
v. WILLIAM DRUCE, b. 1874.
Generation No. 5
11. LOUISA5 WEBSTERS (SOPHIA4 SANDERS, SOPHIA3 DRUCE, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1843. She married SAMUEL HENRY PITTAM. He was born 1849.
Child of LOUISA WEBSTERS and SAMUEL PITTAM is:
13. i. GEORGE HENRY6 PITTAM, b. 1873; d. 1940.
12. EDWARD5 DRUCE (GEORGE4, EDWARD3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1864, and died 1949 in Towcester Registration District. He married (1) EMILY MARY POYNTER. She was born 1868 in Potterspury. He met (2) SERVANT EDITH ADAMS.
Notes for EDWARD DRUCE:
It is understood that Edward had another son in 1921 by his servant Edith Adams. He was born in the Worcestershire area and adopted by a family by the name of Hadley.
Children of EDWARD DRUCE and EMILY POYNTER are:
i. WILLIAM EDWARD6 DRUCE, b. 1902.
Child of EDWARD DRUCE and SERVANT ADAMS is:
iii. JEFFERY FRANK6 ADAMS, b. 1921, Worcestershire.
Notes for JEFFERY FRANK ADAMS:
Jeffery Adams spent most summer holidays at Potterspury with Edward until 11 years old thinking his mother to be an aunt after this time he was adopted by the family that had fostered him..
Generation No. 6
13. GEORGE HENRY6 PITTAM (LOUISA5 WEBSTERS, SOPHIA4 SANDERS, SOPHIA3 DRUCE, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1873, and died 1940. He married RHODA MARGARET FENNEMORE.
Child of GEORGE PITTAM and RHODA FENNEMORE is:
14. i. JULIAN LESLIE7 PITTAM, b. 1911.
Generation No. 7
14. JULIAN LESLIE7 PITTAM (GEORGE HENRY6, LOUISA5 WEBSTERS, SOPHIA4 SANDERS, SOPHIA3 DRUCE, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1911. He married FLORENCE RHODA GLENN. She was born September 17, 1917 in Yardley Gobion, and died 2009 in Northampton.
Child of JULIAN PITTAM and FLORENCE GLENN is:
15. i. LESLIE GEORGE8 PITTAM, b. November 1, 1940, Luton; d. April 10, 2012, Winchester.
Generation No. 8
15. LESLIE GEORGE8 PITTAM (JULIAN LESLIE7, GEORGE HENRY6, LOUISA5 WEBSTERS, SOPHIA4 SANDERS, SOPHIA3 DRUCE, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born in Luton, and died 2012 in Winchester. He married BRENDA BERKSHIRE. She was born in Blackwell, Derbyshire.
Children of LESLIE PITTAM and BRENDA BERKSHIRE are:
i. NIGEL9 PITTAM,. b. Northampton
ii. MARTIN PITTAM, b. Newport Pagnell