Aylesbury Street

After the High Street (Watling Street), Aylesbury Street was the principal street of Fenny Stratford. At various times it had different names, starting with Cross Street and sometime later Aylesbury Way.

St Martin’s Church was built on the corner of High Street/Aylesbury Street during 1726-30 on the site of a previous church of St Margaret and St Catherine. It is notable for its panelled roof in the older part of the building. These panels depict the Coats of Arms of all the benefactors who gave £10 or more to the building fund. In 1865 and 1908 the church was enlarged. In 1965 a new vestry and kitchen were built on. In the tower six small mortars are kept which are fired to commemorate St Martin’s Day.