Most of the houses date from the late 1800s, the largest being what is now the Community Centre.
The Community Centre dates back to 1892. It was built as a Temperance Hall which must have been successful, as it was enlarged in 1905. In February 1920 an inquest took place there. Mr George of Napier Street was knocked down in Victoria Road by a car and died of his injuries. For many years he had been a Stationer in Aylesbury Street. During the Second World War the Temperance Hall was used to entertain people made homeless by the London Blitz and it was later used as the Bletchley Library.