The Milton Keynes Museum Society has two main areas of activity.
The Society provides assistance to the Museum Director in the day-to-day running of Milton Keynes Museum, including:
- manning the museum exhibits, shop and the entrance,
- maintaining the displays and the settings of exhibits,
- improving the facilities of the buildings and maintaining the grounds,
- researching background history which to bring displays and exhibitions to life,
- restoring artefacts and producing displays.
Winter Lectures and Summer Visits
The Society runs a series of winter lectures on topics of local interest. Lectures are normally held on the second Tuesday of the month at Milton Keynes Museum in The Granary Tea Room, commence at 7.30pm, and last until about 9.00pm. Non-members are most welcome at the lectures for a modest entrance fee of £1.
The Society arranges summer visits to places of interest each June and July.