The clock was installed as a finishing touch to the Victorian Restoration. It was built in 1869 by the reputable clockmakers, John Moore and Sons of Clerkenwell, London. It still keeps good time, although there are references in the parish magazines just before 1900 which indicate that it had teething troubles! It had to be wound once a week before automatic electric winding was installed in 2006. The strike mechanism used to take 93 turns each week with the actual clock mechanism taking rather less.
Note the mimic clock which rotates anti-clockwise, used to set the correct time on the hands outside.