Walk down St Johns Street a short distance and to your right is the entrance to TICKFORD ARCADE. This arcade of small shops was built into the town’s former cinema THE ELECTRA opened in 1912 by the owner of SALMON’S COACHWORKS now the Aston Martin works for the benefit of the employees and their families.

The cinema closed in 1983 owing to competition from new cinemas in Milton Keynes and was replaced by the arcade of shops in 1991.                                                                                             The architectural style of the arcade is worth a good look.

This is a picture of the owner Miss Salmon at the 70 year celebration. 


A sample programme.


A slide show of  some old pictures in the life and demise of the cinema