Newport Pagnell Historical Society
The business was started in premises next to the old Fire Station in the High Street in 1825 by William Taylor. He moved over the road to 34, High Street a few years later and founded his factory in Union Street. In 1830 Taylor produced the first English mustard to be sold ready prepared.
When the factory closed in 1990, the mustard business was sold and eventually bought by Walter Black Foods Limited, Glasgow.
The Society has a substantial collection of items relating to Taylor’s Mustard manufacturing. Milton Keynes Museum has contributed an article about the Taylor family to this month’s MK Pulse magazine (MK Pulse, issue 129, pp 40-42)