Founded in 2000, the Sherington Historical Society is a group of like minded villagers (or virtual villagers) who felt that they did not want the history of the village to disappear.
Its main aims are:
- To foster interest in the history of Sherington, past, present and future.
- Provide, through meetings and displays, an interest for members and non-members.
- Promote an awareness that today’s happenings are the historical records of tomorrow.
- Preserve for the future the pictorial records of village life.
- Make the material that comes to the society available for research by future generations and for general interest of all.
The archives are currently housed within the Village Hall, where they can be viewed.
Regular monthly meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month (except August) in the Village Hall.
Categories: Members S to T
Sherington Village Hall
Church Road, Sherington
Newport Pagnell, MK16 9PB